The Convention, abolishing the requirement of consular legalization for foreign public documents came into force for Ukraine on December 22, 2003.
The present Convention shall apply to public documents which have been executed in the territory of one contracting State and which have to be produced in the territory of another contracting State. Special certification called “Apostille” (hereinafter - apostille) is affixed to these documents.
Documents completed with an apostille certification must be submitted directly to a member nation to the Convention without any further action or certification (consular legalization).
The present Convention shall not apply to:
a) documents executed by diplomatic or consular agents;
b) administrative documents dealing directly with commercial or customs operations.
According to the Instruction of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 18/01/2003 # 61 “On Authorization for Apostille certification for public documents” an apostille for the documents issued in Ukraine is placed by:
- the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sport of Ukraine – for public documents issued by the educational institutions, state bodies, enterprises, offices and organizations in the field of education and science.
- the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine – for documents issued by the judicial bodies and courts and also for the documents issued by the public notaries in Ukraine.
- the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine – for all other types of documents.
Аpostille is placed to:
- documents issued by a state court of Ukraine;
- for the documents issued by the prosecutors’ offices, judicial bodies of Ukraine;
- administrative documents;
- for the documents on education and academic status;
- documents executed before a notary public;
- official certificates which are placed on documents signed by persons in their private capacity, such as official certificates recording the registration of a document or the fact that it was in existence on a certain date and official and notarial authentications of signatures.
The updated information on the list of Member-states to the Convention is placed at the web-site of the Hague Conference on International Private Law http://www.hcch.net/index_en.php?act=conventions.status&cid=41#nonmem
Consular fees for apostille certification shall be paid directly in the bank office located in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, upon documents subjects to legalization have been handed in:
- 51 UAH for documents of private persons;
- 85 UAH for documents of legal entities.
Please apply for the information on apostille certification to:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine:
Postal address:2, Velyka Zhytomyrska str., Kyiv, 01018
|Chief:||Mr Oleh Hladyshev
|Address:||Consular Section, Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Singapore 50 Raffles Place, # 16-05, Singapore Land Tower, Singapore, 048623. View on map|
|Phone:||(65) 6535 6550|
|Fax:||(65) 6535 2116|
Operating hours of the Consular section (visas, legalization, passports, notary services):
Monday 11:00 - 13:30
Tuesday 11:00 - 13:30
Wednesday 13:00 - 15:30
Thursday 13:00 - 15:30
Friday 11:00 - 13:30
The Consular Section is closed during all of Ukrainian and some of Singaporean holidays.
In case of disasters, terrorist attacks, riots, injury/death of citizens of Ukraine, in other cases when life or health of Ukrainians is threatened, the consular assistance is also provided off visitors’ hours.
|Boundaries of the consular district:||